Linda M. Strom
I have held the position of Secretary/Treasurer, CFO of the National Slovak Society for the past 10 years. 22 years prior to this I served as a member of the Board of Directors. As a Director the knowledge gained was instrumental in laying the groundwork for the responsibilities of the office I hold today.
The one thing that I am most proud of is the remarkable growth of the society. Making sure our members are comfortable knowing that their investments are safe with NSS is a top priority. Providing the necessary tools and information to our members is essential in this day and age as our members use technology to manage their lives and their family’s assets.
In 2015 we celebrated our 125th Anniversary as the “oldest Slovak Fraternal” in the United States. I am very proud of my heritage and my family’s deep history in serving the NSS beginning in 1928 with my grandfather. I am reminded on a daily basis why they worked so hard to keep the National Slovak Society alive.
My education and experience have given me a strong foundation in successfully maintaining a leadership role in both the National Slovak Society and in the fraternal community as evidenced below.
- 2014 Pennsylvania Fraternal Alliance John Jordan Upchurch Awardee
- 2013 President and prior Board Member of the Pennsylvania Fraternal Alliance
- 2011 President and prior Board Member of the Fraternal Societies of Greater Pittsburgh
- 2010 President and prior Board Member of the Secretaries Section of the American Fraternal Alliance
- National Secretary/Treasurer of the National Slovak Society of the USA for
- National Director and Secretary of the Board of Directors of the NSS for
- Member and Secretary of the NSS Executive/Investment Committee since 2006
- A 34 1/2 year career with the H.J. Heinz Company in Pittsburgh, PA with responsibilities rooted solely in Corporate and Affiliate Financial processes.
- Member of Heinz-Del Monte Credit Union Supervisory Committee for over 5 years.
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree from Point Park University in Computer Sciences and a Master’s degree from the University of Pittsburgh in Library Science/Information Technology.