Youth Poetry Contest
During the summer months, you should have plenty of time on your hands for a contest which involves some thinking, since you don’t have to use up all your brain power in school. Here is an opportunity to practice your poetry skills and win some great prizes. Even if you don’t win, you get a NSS Life t-shirt just for entering.
- Due date for entries to be in the NSS Home Office: August 15th of each year.
- Participants MUST be members of the Society before the deadline.
- Poems may be any length: Maximum is two (2) pages double-spaced. Poems may be on any topic
- You MUST do all the creating yourself. However, an adult may type it for you, if you cannot type – or you may write it neatly by hand.
Along with your poem, please include the following on a separate sheet of paper:
- Name of participant
- Address of participant
- Phone number of participant
- Age of participant
- Assembly/Circle and Policy Number of participant
- T-Shirt size (see below)
Mail all entries before August 15 to:
National Slovak Society
c/o Fraternal Department
351 Valley Brook Road
McMurray, PA 15317-3337
- Ages 5-7
- Ages 8-10
- Ages 11-13
- Ages 14-16
- First Place: $50.00 and certificate of achievement
- Second Place: $25.00 and certificate of achievement
- Third Place: $15.00 and certificate of achievement
ALL PARTICIPANTS will receive a T-shirt just for participating, so please indicate your size:
(Youth Sizes) YS,YM, (Adult Sizes) AS, AM, AL, AXL
The winning poems will be published in the monthly “National News”, the quarterly “Youth Circle Magazine”, the annual “Kalendar” and on this website.
Entries will be judged by an outside professional. Decisions of the judge shall be final in all cases !!