Annual Christmas Ornament Contest
Now is the time for all youth and adult members to start gathering your ideas for the Christmas ornament contest for this year. Parents, you who have gifted children with the ability to create and/or reproduce art have an obligation to encourage them in continuing this God-given talent. One of the ways you can do this is to get them to enter the NSS Christmas Ornament Contest.
Deadline: December 1st
The rules are as follows:
- The contest is open to all NSS members. In addition, we are inviting each region, assembly, our Home Office Staff, and even our Board Members that wish to participate.
- Contestants must submit their entry no larger than 5″ High; 5″ Wide and 5″ Deep. The base can be in any shape so long as it stays within the above measurements. You can glue any objects to make your ornament decorative – be creative! Some examples are: glitter, ribbon, stars, cotton balls, etc…
- All entries must have your name, address, age, youth circle number or assembly number and phone number on a separate sheet of paper. Youth members should also list their shirt size (Youth: YM, YL or Adult: AS, AM, AL, AXL). If you are an adult, please include which group you are entering for yourself as a member, your assembly, or your region.
- All winners in each group will have their names and ornaments appear in the “National News” the Winter issue of the “Youth Circle Magazine”, and on this website. All the entries will be distributed to a local nursing home. You can send in more than one ornament, as all will be distributed — the more we have the prettier the tree will be! Please note which ornament is the one that you would like to enter in the contest, if you send more than one, or they will just be put aside for decorating and not be judged.
- All Youth entrants (ages 16 and under) who did not win will receive a NSS Life T-shirt just for participating and making Christmas just a little more special. Please indicate your size (Youth: YM, YL or Adult: AS, AM, AL, AXL).
- Entries must be mailed, or hand-delivered to the NSS Home Office by the deadline! Deadline for mailing entries to the NSS Home Office is December 1st of each year.
- The contest shall be judged under the following categories and prize awards:
|Frosty – Youth Members Ages 5, 6 and 7||First place wins $25.00|
|Rudolph – Youth Members Ages 8, 9 and 10||First place wins $25.00|
|Snowflake – Youth Members Ages 11, 12 and 13||First place wins $25.00|
|Santa – Youth Members Ages 14, 15 and 16||First place wins $25.00|
|Adult 1st Place – individual Members||First place wins $50.00|
|Adult 2nd Place – individual Members||Second place wins $30.00|
|Adult 3rd Place – individual Members||Third place wins $20.00|
Please mail your entries to:
National Slovak Society
Fraternal Activities Coordinator
351 Valley Brook Road
McMurray, PA 15317-3337
Entries will be judged by an outside professional with all decisions final.
BE SURE THAT YOU FOLLOW THE RULES CAREFULLY SO YOU DO NOT LOSE POINTS IN THE JUDGING.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW PAST YEARS WINNERS!